Freelance Holistic Assessors
RBLI are expanding its current assessment delivery business and is looking for Freelance Assessors to join its expanding team of healthcare professionals.
RBLI are delighted to offer freelance opportunities to deliver the service Nationally.
Pay: £110-130 per assessment, inclusive of travel expenses
Main purpose of job:
To provide fully holistic work based assessments on behalf of RBLI across a number of programme areas.
Our management and delivery teams are peripatetic but are based in and around the South East of England.
We work very closely with our partner organisations to maintain the success of the programme which is designed to assist companies retain their employees who have specific health conditions and or disabilities and require specialist equipment, support and adaptations to the work environment.
The successful candidate will be working closely with other assessors colleagues from other areas of the country as part of the RBLI independent assessment team.
They will carry out Holistic Assessments in the workplace and occasionally within a home based office environment.
The Assessor will research solutions to help overcome work-related needs as a result of health condition or disability. The assessment will then be written up in a standard report format to outline the difficulties of the customers are having and the solutions to overcome any barriers to work.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Undertaking holistic workplace assessments in a variety of environments
• Observing the client in the workplace to gain an understanding of the nature of the work involved
• Carrying out holistic assessments and health and safety checks on the clients’ place of work
• Documenting the client’s medical condition, work tasks and working environment, including workstation layout.
• Identifying special aids/equipment, effective working practices and training required through the application of ergonomics, to enable the customer to maximise their capacity.
• Advising on work organisation issues and physical changes required to the work premises
• Completing reports regarding all findings and recommendations including associated costs, within a specified time frame.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Must have own laptop/PC with PGP encryption on the Hard Drive.
- Physiotherapy, Occupational Health and/or Ergonomic qualification at degree level. Experience in sensory impairment such as dyslexia, visual impairment and hearing impairment is also required.
- One years proven experience of assessments on all medical conditions with the emphasis visual and hearing impairment, learning disabilities and musculoskeletal conditions.
- Able to take a holistic approach to finding solutions for both the client and the employer.
- Full understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992 including the, Display Screen Equipment Work.
- Experience of Access to Work is preferable, but not essential
- Ability to build relationships and interact with new contacts
- Comprehensive report writing skills
- Strong communication skills both written and oral including liaison with employers and specialist equipment providers
- Reliable, well organised and with an ability to work to a specified time frame.
- IT literacy is essential (Microsoft Office Suite essential)
- Team player
- Car owner/driver
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
NO AGENCIES PLEASE