Head of Skills
Permanent, full time contract working 37 hours per week
Role will be Aylesford and Field based with travel as required
Salary: up to £47,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
- To provide effective leadership for the implementation and delivery of a range of government funded education and skills programmes through a team of operational staff.
- To lead the development and implementation of an education and skills growth strategy that will deliver RBLI’s growth objectives for this part of the business.
- To ensure delivery of all skills programmes meets contractual and Ofsted requirements and provides a high quality, effective journey for each learner.
This position is a role within our Employment Solutions Leadership Team and will be pivotal in enabling the division to position itself to achieve its diversification and growth targets. The division is overseen by the Director of Employment Solutions, who holds overall responsibility for the division. With skills delivery as a sub-contractor and through a substantial AEB direct contract the role has immense potential to evolve and grow in remit and scope and would therefore suit someone who is ambitious and driven. The current team and skills offer is being completely reviewed so there is plenty of opportunity to shape and build what we need to maximise impact and reach. Initially the role will be focused on ensuring that all aspects of current delivery fully meet contractual and Ofsted requirements and that our foundations are strong enough to support and build a thriving skills operation on. The post holder will work closely with the ES Director, ES Quality and Compliance Manager and all other ES Managers to ensure they can identify and best harness the synergies between programmes to make skills a fully integrated part of the overall ES delivery portfolio
- Motivate, manage and support operational staff across a number of locations to deliver the best possible outcomes for learners and unemployed people with a focus on performance, productivity, quality and effectiveness.
- Implement and manage programme performance appropriately and effectively to achieve and exceed all contractual targets.
- Effective use of performance data to inform and drive delivery to the required contractual performance targets, for both individual and team objectives.
- Full accountability for profit and loss statements for each of the contracts under your remit.
- Development of annual budgets and a five year view
- Delivery of all contractual quality standards including ESFA and OFSTED auditing requirements.
- Delivery of all contractual and organisational compliance requirements
- Provide an effective communication link between area delivery teams and the employment solutions leadership team.
- Build effective internal relationships to enhance the performance of the education and skills contracts.
- Build positive and productive external relationships with funding and stakeholder bodies to maximise delivery and business development opportunities.
- Work strategically with the employment solutions Director and management team and the wider RBLI business to achieve the growth objectives of the division.
- Fulfil any other tasks and duties that fall within the remit of the role and its wider contribution to the RBLI brand.
- Driven and ambitious
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Commercially focused
- Can do attitude
- Gets things done and gets results
- Accountable and holds others accountable
- Team player
Skills & Experience Required
- In depth knowledge of the skills sector and in particular ESFA contracts – ideally at least 5 years experience
- Substantive experience of leading and managing a team for performance in the skills sector
- Significant contract management experience
- Experience of developing and sustaining successful partnerships with a wide range of external bodies and stakeholders.
- Experience of effectively managing and delivering skills P&L budgets.
- Sound knowledge of Ofsted requirements in the skills sector
- Wider Welfare to work experience
- Knowledge of other government funded contracts e.g. DWP, MOJ, MOD
- Degree level education
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement.
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.