Bank Catering Assistant
We are looking to recruit Bank Catering Assistants for RBLI's onsite cafe, Basecamp which is situated on the RBL Village in Aylesford, Kent.
The role will be a zero hours contract paying £8.21 per hour.
Main Purpose of the Job:
As a member of a small team you will prepare food and drinks to a high standard, serve customers and ensure that all areas are clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
- Preparing and serving hot and cold beverages to customers.
- Preparing mostly cold food from fresh ingredients – Sandwiches; Paninis etc.
- Re-stocking customer-facing displays and stands with food, beverages and accompaniments, whilst maintaining high levels of presentation/tidiness in all customer-facing areas.
- Clearing and cleaning tables.
- Collecting crockery and other utensils for washing.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher and washing and drying remaining items.
- Maintaining a tidy, safe, clean and hygienic work area, subject to regulatory requirements and RBLI policy.
- To offer customers a welcoming service that gives a positive impression of the Café facility.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
- Retail environment with foodstuffs and hot and cold beverages.
- Direct constant contact with customers.
- Any clothing associated directly with Food Hygiene etc., will be provided by RBLI.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Personable and positive manner.
- Diligent and able to work on own initiative.
- Customer-focussed attitude.
- The ability to be polite under pressure.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
Requirements for the Job:
- 2 yrs’ catering experience in a retail environment.
- “Front of house” experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A DBS check will be required at RBLI’s cost.
- Trained and experienced Barista.
- Food Hygiene Certificate(s)
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date.
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.