Administration Assistant - SBMC
We are recruiting part time Administration Assistants at our Scottish site in Erskine on 6 month fixed term contracts, you will be paid £5,616 per annum and work 12 hours per week.
This is a development post. Due to the specific funding for these posts, the roles are reserved for spouse/partner/immediate family of Armed Forces veterans.
Main purpose of job:
This is a development post. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to define the role in line with their own development ambitions whilst supporting a range of administration requirements at SBMC.
Reporting to the Veteran Welfare and Development Manager, it is responsible for assisting with administrative requirements as required and providing a range of professional front of house services including telephone answering and greeting external visitors on-site.
Overview of the Role & Team:
The Administration Assistant will play a big part in meeting SBMC’s evolving administration demands and visitor / front of house services as our business grows.
As a development opportunity the role will evolve in line with the successful applicant’s development ambitions such as events planning, finance or marketing. Working mostly to administration and sales but supporting the executive team and manufacturing operations as required, the role will vary according to the demands on the business but will also take advantage of specific experience that individuals can bring.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Assisting with administration across SBMC. This will vary from tackling filing and processing of invoices to other tasks such as assisting with social media, updating display boards and preparing background information for VIP visits.
- Deliver an effective and professional telephone service. This includes the management of incoming calls, greeting all callers to agreed service standards and providing guidance and advice to callers requiring assistance.
- Deliver an effective and professional reception service to all visitors to the site ensuring that whilst at reception they are acknowledged and greeted in a warm and professional manner.
- Manage incoming post and deliveries. Support communication between the admin office/reception and other departments.
- Act as a first point of call for first aid calls making sure that first aiders get to the scene of an incident ASAP.
- In line with individual ambitions, develop and maintain a Personal Development Plan with support of SBMC and work towards certificated online training.
- Polite and friendly manner: Able to engage with visitors appropriately and to make them feel welcome.
- Good team player: able to take on additional/different tasks to ease workload in key areas and contribute to the team spirit.
- Will vary between a small administrative office (3-4 other pers), manning reception and providing support on the factory floor or print room from time to time.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Attention to detail
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products and email software
- Ability to multi-task
- Good timekeeping
- Good communication skills
- Experience of administration in a commercial environment
- Qualifications in administration
- Office software qualifications
- Events planning experience
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
NO AGENCIES PLEASE