This is a full time, 2 year fixed term contract, based in Aylesford, Kent working 37 hours per week
Salary: circa £21,300 per annum
Main purpose of job:
Reporting to the Senior Contract Co-Ordinator working on the BBO SCDA ‘Let’s get Working’ Project. This key role, based in Aylesford, will encompass a variety of duties including Compliance and Audit Checks, providing project & general administrative assistance to the Project Manager and the Regional RBLI ‘Let’s get Working’ Teams to ensure contract compliance.
Overview of the Role & Team:
SCDA has secured funding through the National Lottery Community Fund and ESF to provide intensive and ongoing practical support for disadvantaged people with long term health issues or disabilities to move into sustainable volunteering roles, education, training or employment. The project follows the principles of social prescribing to enable SCDA and their partners, of which RBLI is one, to engage with those who will benefit from it the most. Effective relationships with the medical and health sectors are central to the success of the project.
The RBLI Project Team consists of Project Manager, Deputy Project Manager and Project Assistant maintaining and enhancing the working requirements of six Regional members of staff who have direct contact with participants.
The main function being support and back office tasks to ensure 100 % compliance
- Maintain up to date knowledge of caseload numbers and status
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues, as well as the Project Manager, to maintain awareness of key performance challenges
- Maintenance of confidential participant filing systems and in house/external participant data bases incorporating best practice
- Work with, and support, the Project Manager to ensure that programme delivery meets or exceeds minimum contract standards and falls within ESF, National Lottery and other relevant contract guidelines
- Promote within the delivery team a culture that it is the responsibility of everyone to deliver ongoing continuous improvement
- Ensure that the Quality Assurance process is effectively and consistently implemented operationally
- Embrace the internal audit & compliance function and positively promote the benefits with team members
- Be a key stage of compliance and quality checking for any outcomes prior to submission
- Any other administrative and clerical duties as required within the office.
Communications and Reporting:
- Provide an active communication link between regional delivery teams, infrastructure teams and Management
- Communicate in a concise and accurate manner in both written and verbal communications
- Communicate regularly with Senior Contract Coordinator and Project Manager to ensure a ‘no surprise’ culture, develop a strong verbal relationship based on trust
- Ensure updates to processes, forms and contract requirements are disseminated to the team without delay
- Ensure accurate and timely communication with lead partner in line with project requirements
- Comply with all Divisional financial administration procedures in accordance with Company Policy
- Ensure that all participant expenses/allowances are accurately registered and comply with ESF/Lottery guidelines and processed in a timely manner
- Maintain effective liaison with Finance Department to process financial transactions
- Build positive relationships with SCDA, Regional RBLI delivery teams, infrastructure teams and management
- Respond to any other operational needs as, and when, they occur
- Comply with all Health & Safety requirements, GDPR and other Company Policies and Procedures.
- Take responsibility for personal development, identifying training needs and request appropriate training as required.
- Educated to minimum GCSE level
Experience and Skills:
- Effective administrator with strong organisation, prioritisation and workload-management skills with the ability to multi-task
- A self-motivated, enthusiastic, resilient and tenacious self-starter with strong team ethics and ability to work independently on own initiative
- Ability to work within time constraints on a monthly/quarterly timescale
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively identify, disseminate and use best practice to drive improvements
- An excellent communicator both verbally and written
- Strong IT skills, familiarity with bespoke databases, and Outlook Diary System and in particular MS Word and Excel.
- Telephone answering and relaying clear messages
- Responding to queries in a timely and accurate manner
- Good attendance record
Able to undergo DBS check at enhanced level & health check as necessary
Skills & Experience Required:
- A flexible and positive approach to work and challenge
- Ability to work with minimal supervision but as part of a team
- Capacity to work on own initiative
- Ability to adhere to specified deadlines
- Understanding of or willingness to learn about the needs of a wide range of socially excluded people
- Customer service experience, both internal and external customers
- Some experience, and sensitivity to working with people from disadvantaged backgrounds
- The ability to interpret, understand and assist in production of performance MI
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date.
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.