Applicant Privacy Notice
Royal British Legion Industries
Applicant Privacy Notice for Employees, Workers, Consultants and Volunteers
How we use applicant information
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use it. During the course of our activities we will process personal data, (which may be stored on paper, electronically or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Royal British Legion Industries (“we”) is committed to a policy of protecting the rights of individuals with respect for the processing of their personal data and adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
1. We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z6761919 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us. Our Data Protection Officer is Philip Defraine.
2. Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to email@example.com.
3. We collect the following information directly from you or hrough recruitment agencies:
b. Date of birth
d. Telephone numbers
e. Email address
f. National Insurance number
g. Diversity information such as gender, ethnic group
i. Profile information packs are given to us by third parties to support our beneficiaries who volunteer. These packs contain information relating to the individual’s medical needs or disability and allow us to provide the necessary safeguarding and support to those individuals whilst they are working or volunteering with us.
4. We collect and use the above information for –
a. Recruitment and selection
b. Us to be able to identify specific support needs for our workers and volunteers
5. Your information will only be stored within the United Kingdom UK) and European Economic Area (EEA).
6. When you provide us with personal information we will ensure that it is kept safe and secure.
7. We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for a period of 6 months. During this time your data will be retained to allow us to report on such things as diversity and equality. We also keep your data for this duration to avoid you having to complete the full application process again should you apply for another job with us within the 6 month period.
8. You have the right to request at any time a copy of the information about you that we hold in our records. You may also require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information held by us.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office in relation to our use of your personal information.
The accuracy and safeguarding of your information is important to us. Please help us to keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your personal and contact details.